Thursday, July 5, 2018

My husband has hemophilia. My baby will have hemophilia?

people with hemophilia

Hello there. I am 7 weeks pregnant. There is no kinship with my husband. I know hemophilia is inherited but, I and my family have no inherited disease or carrier disease. I do not have a health problem either. But. My partner has hemophilia A (people with hemophilia) . The gender of my baby is not yet clear. Can hemophilia in his father be seen in baby? I'm very happy if you give us some information. Thank you.

Question: My husband has hemophilia. My baby will have hemophilia?


Doctor Answers

Hello, first of all, be good with your baby. I hope it will be healthy. Hemophilia; It is a recessive transient disease due to chromosome x (hemophilia gene). Mommy passes hemophilia with x chromosomes (hemophilia gene) to male babies. If you are not a carrier, your baby will be born and the girl becomes a carrier. If the male is no problem. If you are a carrier, you have the risk of seeing 50% of the disease in male babies. In this case, your baby may also have the disease. Sickness is very rare in girls. The disease is seen in men.

No comments:

Post a Comment